Maintaining Your New Carpet
Here are the flooring services we provide … and some of the reasons why you should try us!
The key to good carpet maintenance is to avoid particles of loose dirt and dust from working their way into the carpet pile, where they will act abrasively on the fibres.
With a loop pile carpet, it is better not to use a beater bar (the whizzy round brushes on the front) since this may catch a thread and cause a permanent “run” in your carpet. With a “tufted” carpet a beater should be used.
To maintain your flooring, here’s what you can do:
- Vacuum regularly
- Move your furniture around to spread the wear
- Have a “no shoes” policy
- Clean up spillages promptly
- Use doormats
- Don’t forget to ask Great Choice to clean your carpets every 12-18 months
Carpet Stain Removal
- Always blot spillages, never scrub
- For liquid spillages, blot excess using plain white towels and skip to step 4 below
- If it’s solid / partially solid spillage, scrape up solids and blot liquids
- Pre-test Great Choice Spotting Solution on an inconspicuous area, or use really hot water and a tiny dash of washing up liquid
- Spray / moisten spot with removal solution. Ensure you don’t spread the stain
- Cover with white cloth, and stand on the cloth, and repeat as required
- If not removed after several attempts, repeat steps 5 and 6 and weigh down with a HEAVY object overnight. Repeat if required
- Call Great Choice on 01202 377 577 if stain is not completely removed in 2/3 days
t: 01202 377 577
Book Your Free Home Visit Today!